Healthy Indian Snack Recipe-
Sweet Potato And Chickpea Patty
Healthy Indian Snack Recipe-Sweet Potato And Chickpea Patty
I am always trying to prepare healthy version of our Indian deep fried food dishes. So here comes a healthy version of cutlet or patty which we usually prepare with potato as the main ingredient. As I wanted it to be a healthy version, I replaced it with sweet potato and chickpea. It may take some time for preparation but its all worth it. I made it as a quick snack for afternoon tea and I must admit I really enjoyed it.
Serves 8 cutlets
- 1 bowl (about 200g) of sweet potato(boiled, peeled and mashed)
- 3/4 bowl chickpea (boiled and mashed)
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves / cilantro(chopped)
- 7-8 mint leaves
- 7-8 garlic, one inch ginger piece
- 3-4 green chillies
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 2-3 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp bread crumbs(bread powder)
- 3 tbsp flour
- Grind green chillies, ginger, garlic, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt.
- In small pan, heat 1 tsp oil and put above green chilly mixture and saute for a minute. Allow to cool down.
- Now add mashed sweet potatoes, mashed chickpea (coarsely mashed) to green chilly mixture. Add red chilli powder, lime juice, mint leaves, coriander leaves and mix properly.
- Take two flat plates.
- In one plate, prepare a thin batter of flour and water.
- In another plate, put bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in flat bottomed pan.
- Prepare cutlets/patties in round shape and flatten at the center.
- Dip each cutlet in batter and then coat it with bread crumbs and put in hot oil in pan.
- Each side of cutlet will take 2-3 minutes to become brown and nice.
- Turn over and cook other side.
- Serve hot with BBQ sauce or yogurt dip.
Are you going to make this Healthy Sweet potato and chickpea patty?
P.S – This recipe is not suited for low carbers.
You may also like reading-